Thank you for your interest in requesting a speaker from the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
Based on schedules, members of the SHRM Staff may be available to speak on the following topics. Please click on the topic for a brief description:
- HR Governmental Update - (please specify from the options listed below):
- Global HR: Strategies for a Flatter World
- Best Practices in Talent Management Strategy
- The Future of HR: Promoting Business Success in a Changing Global Workplace
- NEW Social Media: Building a Sustainable and Strategic Presence
- The HR Professional Competency Model: A Roadmap for Success
- NEW HR and the Aging Workforce: Strategies and Best Practices
- Drive Business Success with Workplace Flexibility
- NEW Why Today's HR Rock Stars Need Immigration Management Skills
We attempt to fulfill as many speaking invitations as is feasible. To ensure we have adequate information for making scheduling decisions, please complete the form below, and click "submit" at the end of the form.
Please note: To ensure appropriate time for processing, all requests must be received 3 months in advance of a scheduled meeting, conference or event.
Within seven to ten working days of submission, someone will be in touch with you regarding your request. No request will be considered as confirmed without the submission of a completed Speaker Request Form and written confirmation provided by SHRM. If you request a specific SHRM speaker, please note that the bureau will take your request into consideration but final speaker selection will be made at the discretion of the SHRM Speakers Bureau as well as the speaker's availability. Most presentations last forty-five minutes or longer. Please ensure that the speaker has at least one hour for his or her presentation (45-50 minutes to present the material and 10-15 minutes for questions and answers).
The Speakers Bureau presentations listed above, EXCEPT FOR THE HR PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCY MODEL TOPIC, have been pre-approved by HRCI for recertification credit. However, all SHRM chapters and non-SHRM-affiliated groups are still required to obtain pre-approval of these presentations from HRCI for their specific events. To request this pre-approval, please submit your request via the HRCI Web site at least four weeks before the event. Please consult the HRCI Web site for further details.
In agreeing to have a SHRM speaker at your program, we ask that you provide your attendee list within five days after the event. Please complete the SHRM-provided spreadsheet electronically - not in writing - and send it to email@example.com . Do not alter the spreadsheet format or pre-populated headings. It is important that you provide as many e-mail addresses and SHRM member IDs as possible for verification purposes. This information will only be used for internal SHRM research and member engagement purposes and will not be used for any marketing or advertising activities or shared with any groups external to SHRM. It will serve as another resource for measuring and improving our services to our members. We know you are busy and greatly appreciate your support in this effort and the extra time you take in helping us succeed.
Speaker Reimbursement Guidelines
The following guidelines apply to SHRM-affiliated Chapters, SHRM-affiliated State Councils/Conferences, and organizations not affiliated with SHRM: Please review the guidelines carefully.
- Your chapter/organization is expected to provide audio-visual needs which may include electronic projection equipment, podium, lapel microphone, or flipcharts with markers.
- Speakers Bureau presentations are copyrighted. However, upon request, your chapter/organization will be sent the slide presentation. You are permitted to make hard copies of the presentation for one-time use at the meeting. However, additional distribution or duplication of the presentation is prohibited without express permission of the SHRM Speakers Bureau. Posting the presentation online or on a website is also prohibited.
- Speakers from SHRM staff do not accept honorarium. In lieu of speaker honorarium, your organization is strongly encouraged to make a voluntary contribution to the SHRM Foundation. The contribution check should be made payable to the SHRM Foundation, noting it is in lieu of speaker honorarium, and forwarded to the following address for processing:
SHRM Speakers Bureau
1800 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
The following guidelines apply to SHRM-affiliated 100% Chapters (where all local Chapter members are also members of SHRM):
- 100% Chapters will receive priority for speaker requests.
- Travel expenses incurred by an SHRM speaker traveling to present at a 100% Chapter meeting are waived for one request per year. The chapter will be responsible for all reasonable travel expenses incurred by an SHRM Speaker for additional speaking requests made in the same year.
- Each request will be individually considered, based on the availability of an SHRM speaker, along with budget consideration. Please note that SHRM cannot guarantee that all requests from 100% Chapters will be honored.
The following guidelines apply to SHRM-affiliated non-100% Chapters (where all local Chapter members are not also members of SHRM) and SHRM-affiliated State Councils/State Conferences:
- Your Chapter or State Council/State Conference is expected to reimburse SHRM for all reasonable travel expenses incurred by an SHRM speaker. These expenses include but are not limited to transportation (airfare at coach rates and/or a rental car), lodging, and meals.
- After the presentation, your Chapter or State Council/State Conference should expect to receive an invoice and a letter from SHRM with a detailed itemization of speaker's expenses along with directions for sending the reimbursement back to SHRM.
The following guidelines apply to organizations not affiliated with SHRM:
- Your organization is expected to reimburse SHRM for all reasonable travel expenses incurred by an SHRM speaker. These expenses include but are not limited to transportation (airfare at coach rates and/or a rental car), lodging, and meals.
- After the presentation, your organization will receive an invoice and a letter from SHRM with a detailed itemization of speaker's expenses along with directions on sending the reimbursement back to SHRM.
NOTE: All fields must be completed.